A government position held over from the days of British rule, the Gauger was the sole entity in a region responsible for certifying the legal production, distribution, and sale of alcohol in the US until the late 1800's. A conversation with a friend of ours from the Happy Valley area of our county (also famous for the first sensationalized murder trial in the US for the murder of Laura Foster by Tom Dula in 1866) was our introduction to the role of the Gauger in local history and we immediately new we had the name of our aluminum model!
Our Gauger uses the same geometry made famous on our Revenuer steel and Maple Sally carbon models but uses 6000-series aluminum to keep the price down. The Gauger will take you to the furthest reaches of the forest as well as the fastest corners at you local cyclocross races. Quick, confident and fun; the Gauger combines all these attributes in one complete package. Budget minded, performance driven, fun inspired! The Gauger dishes out performance allowing you to dish out the shred!
Price includes frame, Grava RE carbon fork, Cane Creek Series 40 headset, and Paragon Machine Works front and rear thru axles.
The Gauger is in the final phase of pre-production and delivery of your order is anticipated to be in late January/February. Call or email us with any questions or for more information.
- frame material: 6000 series aluminum
- 142 x 12 mm rear thru axle (Paragon Machine Works thru axle included)
- PF30 bb shell compatible with any style crankset (can be set up for single speed using a PF30 EBB). We highly recommend the use of Wheels Mfg. threaded style PF30/PF30 Outboard bottom brackets for smooth, creak-free operation.
- tapered headtube for stiffer and more direct front end control.
- Grava RE carbon thru-axle fork with tapered carbon steerer tube, 42mm tire clearance, 12 x 100mm spacing. (Paragon Machine Works thru axle included)
- flat mount disc brake front and rear (post mount disc brake adapters available for mounting non-flat mount disc brakes)
- 700 x 42mm/650b x 47mm tire clearance front and rear
- internal derailleur cable routing
- 1600 g frame weight (size S)
- color: to be determined